FAQ – “I’ve been in the business for two years and I have reached a plateau. How can I do more deals?”
In this video Steve Jamieson, Managing Broker of RE/MAX Crest Realty Westside, offers some stellar advice on how to ramp up your business.
Here’s a brief summary:
Top 5 ways to do more deals
- You need 5 – 6 lead generation activities to support your business.
- What are you doing consistently?
- Challenge yourself to do more.
- Write it down.
Knock on some doors
- Just listed in the neighbourhood.
- Just sold in the neighbourhood.
- Expired listings.
- Buyer looking in the neighbourhood.
Host as many open houses as you can
- Ask “Who is your REALTOR®?”
- Research the area.
- Use a guest log. Follow up.
- Run a contest.
- Stand out.
Don’t be a secret agent
- Get in front of people.
- Join a club. Join a BNI group. Go to a party. Participate in sports.
- Use the RE/MAX brand.
Stir the pot
- Make some calls.
- Write some notes.
- Pop by.
- Take clients out for coffee / wine.
- Weekly intentions list.
Invest in some coaching / accountability
- All of our offices run weekly coaching and accountability groups that are free of charge;
- Buddy up with another agent in the office for something more informal, or;
- There are third party coaching providers that you can pay for.
Please note: The Frequently Asked Question video series is used for training purposes within our group of RE/MAX offices. If you are licensed at a different brokerage, you must refer to your own Managing Broker for advice.