Noel Nissen, Manager of IT Services at RE/MAX of Western Canada recently hosted an intensive training session for our group, covering some of the technology tools that RE/MAX offers.
The session was 2 ½ hours long, so we have broken it up into a series of posts and added the Coles Notes for reference.
Part 1. Leadstreet – how leads are generated and distributed
Part 2. MAX CENTER – configuring your RE/MAX and LeadStreet profiles
Part 3. Agent LeadStreet websites – configuring LeadStreet components and your agent website
Part 4. Design Centre – creating RE/MAX branded marketing materials
Part 5. RankMyAgent (post coming soon)
Video for this segment starts at 37:34 and ends at 1:11:52. It is approximately 35 minutes long.
MAX CENTER – Your RE/MAX profile and LeadStreet profile
MAX CENTER is the replacement for RE/MAX MainStreet. remax.net will be retired in the next 6 to 8 months.
Go to maxcntr.com and use your remax.net email address to sign in.
There are 2 places that you need to go to make sure that all of your information is correct on remax.ca and on your RE/MAX agent website:
- RE/MAX profile settings
- RE/MAX LeadStreet settings
RE/MAX profile settings
Most of the information that you enter here will flow through to your profile page on remax.ca. Once you have edited the information, it will update overnight and you should see the changes the following day.
- In the upper right hand corner you will see Welcome (your name)
- Click on that and then choose “Manage account” to sign you into the agent office portal. This is the same place where you would go to pay your dues.
- Go through all the tabs and update as much information as possible. All of this information will flow through to remax.ca
- Note: The biography will be used within RE/MAX for other agents to see when they are looking to send referrals.
- Languages can be added in the Demographics section.
- Once the MAX CENTER profile is complete, then move on to update your LeadStreet profile details.
RE/MAX LeadStreet settings
The information that you enter here will flow through to a variety of places, including your RE/MAX agent website. Some fields will be pulled into your profile on remax.ca
- From the MAX CENTER home page, click on the LeadStreet icon, which will take you into the LeadStreet setup.
- Use My Account, Account Settings for LeadStreet settings
Profile Info tab
- The “About me” information on the profile tab will flow through to remax.ca and your RE/MAX agent website.
- Upload nice, high-resolution photo. It might pull your photo from MAX CENTER, but that photo is very small.
- ** Make sure you click on the Save button before you move onto the next tab.
Contact Info tab
*** This is the most important. Without this information, you will not be able to receive leads.
Contact Information section
- Contact Information. Enter your first and last name as you want it to be shown publicly. Don’t worry too much about the Title and State Licence fields.
- IDX code. The IDX code is very important. It should be a 5 digit number. It’s in Paragon and not easy to find. Get in touch with your administrator for help.
- Business Type. Default is Standard. PREC’s and Incorporated Agents should change this to ensure that the correct information flows through to remax.ca and your agent website.
- Office telephone – On your remax.ca profile, there is a call button which consumers can click to call. Use whatever number you want them to call in the office telephone field. Most agents consider their mobile number to be their office number these days so you can put that in the Office telephone field, then remove the information from the Mobile Telephone field.
- Email Address – by default is your remax.net email address in there. Remove that, and enter your everyday email address.
- Alternate Email Address – leave this field blank.
- Website – by default will point to the LeadStreet website that is created for you. If you prefer a different website that you’ve had developed, then enter it here.
Text Messaging Settings section
Set this up to accept or decline leads via text as well as the email notifications. Many of us will respond to a text message quicker than email. Include your mobile service provider.
Agent Options section
- Forward Leads To – This is great to use if you are going on vacation, or if you are part of a team. Choose the team member who is going to handle the leads. If you are neither of those things, then leave that field blank.
- Agent Accepting Leads – In some offices if you let 2 lead offers expire, then the ability to accept leads is automatically turned off. This is because we want customers to get responded to as quickly as possible. *** Your broker will also be notified. If you receive a notification saying that your ability to accept leads has been turned off, then you can go back in here to switch it back on.
** Always click the save button before moving to the next tab.
Social Networks tab
- Add all of your social networks to show up as icons on your LeadStreet website
- Tip! Figure out your target demographic and be on the social media platforms that your clients are on.
Office Info & Coverage Area tabs
Don’t worry about these two tabs. These aren’t really applicable to what we do in Western Canada.
** Make sure you click on Save and Close and that will take you back to the LeadStreet home page.
Information will be updated overnight.
In part 3 of this series we will cover RE/MAX Agent LeadStreet websites.