FAQ – “I’ve been in a lot of multiple offer situations lately. I’m winning some and I’m losing some, but I’m getting frustrated with the ones I am losing. Is there anything that you could recommend that I do to help my chances when I’m in a multiple offer situation?”
In this video Steve Jamieson, Managing Broker of RE/MAX Crest Realty Westside, presents his own tips and shares what some of our top agents do to help increase their chances of winning in a multiple offer situation.
Here’s a brief summary:
Top 5 tips to help win the deal
- Price is key
- Present in person where possible. Have your clients write a personal letter to the seller. Make a video.
- Write a subject free offer while still protecting your client:
- Arrange a pre-inspection.
- Get all documents ahead of time and have your client read them.
- Secure financing. Talk to the mortgage broker. If your buyer has got enough of a down payment, maybe you could go in without a financing clause.
- Have your client arrange the deposit ahead of time to accompany the offer at presentation. It should be in the form of a bank draft i.e. not a personal cheque or a certified cheque.
- Keep the offer clean. Don’t encumber the seller with extra demands and requests, which may not be all that important to the buyer.
Please note: The Frequently Asked Question video series is used for training purposes within our group of RE/MAX offices. If you are licensed at a different brokerage, you must refer to your own Managing Broker for advice.